The OSA course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. It covers in-depth the Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management and Access Management processes as well as the Service Desk, Technical Management, Application Management and IT Operations Management functions, to the level needed to introduce or improve these capabilities within an organization as an integral part of the overall business-focused Service Management framework.
About the Program
This course is one of the Intermediate Level certification courses and is recommended for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL OSA capabilities and how they may be implemented to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organization. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course has a number of study units with practical case study–based application to reinforce the knowledge gained.
Who Should Attend
It is important for you to attend if you are:
- An IT professional working in roles associated with Service Operation within a service-based business model
- Seeking the ITIL Expert level certification in ITSM for which these are prerequisite modules or
- Seeking to progress towards the ITIL Master standing in ITSM for which the ITIL Expert certification is a prerequisite.
The Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a practice
- Describe the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle
- Explain and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
OSA Key Principles, Models and Concepts
- Identify the common principles and guidelines of the Service Operation phase, that directly influence the performance of the OSA processes and functions
Operational Support & Analysis Processes
- Analyze and articulate the activities of the OSA processes as well as the operational activities shared across the lifecycle.
- Other areas of discussion include information management requirements, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Managemen
Operational Support & Analysis Functions
- Appraise the role, objectives and activities of all the OSA functions. The functions include:
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- IT Operations Management (IT Operations Control and Facilities Management)
- Application Management
Service Management Technology
- Illustrate the use of technology in supporting Service Management and the OSA processes and functions and explore concepts that have an impact on its planning and implementation
ITIL OSA Exam* (90 minute, eight (8) complex, multi-part, multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions)
- Successful completion of this course and exam provides 4 points of the necessary 15 electives to achieve the ITIL Expert certification (2 points for Foundation and 5 points for Managing Across the Life Cycle are mandatory).
*Important Note for Virtual Course Participants: The ITIL OSA exam is not available in a virtual format. As a result, separate arrangements must be made by the participant to schedule this exam. Various options are available depending on the participants’ geographic location. Please contact your sales representative for further details.
||ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
1 Course registrants must provide a scanned copy of their ITIL Foundation Certificate (or ITIL v2 Foundation plus ITIL Foundation Bridge Certificates) before they may attend the course. Certificates should be emailed to ITILIntermediate@iil.com. Providing just certificate numbers is not acceptable to the accrediting Examination Institute.