About the Program
Effective time management reduces stress and helps you better adhere to commitments. This course is designed to help you identify personal and organizational priorities and gain better control of where you focus your attention. You will explore the importance of planning and organizing, and you will practice sorting through and setting priorities. You will also learn how to set better time boundaries and manage the demands of others.
Working with a time management framework, you will use a set of practical techniques to organize and manage your work to better deliver on your commitments. Techniques for overcoming procrastination will be addressed, as well as strategies for dealing with information overload.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who needs to better manage their time and manage multiple priorities.
- Understanding the importance of effective time management and how it can affect your productivity
- Building skills with regard to planning, organizing, setting goals, and balancing priorities
- Exploring the dynamics and “secondary gains” of procrastination and developing a strategy to overcome it
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
- Establish strategies to execute priorities and overcome procrastination
- Understand how to make trade-offs when faced with fire drills
- How to set and communicate boundary conditions
- Course orientation
- Participants’ expectations
- Exercise: A Day in Your Life
- Resources to implement change
- What is your time really worth?
- The dynamics of procrastination
- The myth of multi-tasking
- Brain Rules – how to optimize your efficiency
Organization and Prioritization
- Time management best practices
- Goal setting
- Exercise: Identifying Your Priorities
- The importance of organization
- Time management framework
- Prioritizing time
Time Management Techniques
- Tips for managing time
- Nine ways to overcome procrastination
- The STING technique
- Managing your time
- Handling unplanned urgencies
- Dealing with information overload
- Delegation and managing others’ time
- Creating your personal action plan
- What did we learn, and how can we implement this in our work environment?