PM Basics™ - On-Demand Project Management Training
Do you want to hone the skills, techniques and tools needed to ensure extraordinary project outcomes? Would you like the flexibility to train at your own pace, location and time of your choosing?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you need IIL’s PM Basics.
What is PM Basics?
PM Basics is a 12-hour self-paced, multimedia training program that teaches the fundamentals of project management across all areas of PMI®’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Dynamic and interactive, the course has a friendly and easy-to-use interface and includes real-world case studies and exercises to ensure increased retention.
Authored by George Pitagorsky PMP, the course is divided into six major parts, including the Program Introduction plus a section dedicated to each of the five Project Management process groups: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing. Mastery is ensured through reference to real-life projects, video case studies and key exercises built into each module.
Global Project Management Best Practices
Utilized by organizations all over the world, PM Basics has revolutionized the way companies are pursuing project management. This on-demand course is the most cost-effective way to train one or a multitude of employees to use a proven project management methodology.
Many top global companies use PM Basics to create a standardized project management methodology across their entire enterprise. By establishing this common project management language, they are achieving the first level of proficiency in their Organizational Project Management Maturity.
Key Benefits and Features
- Presents PMBOK Guide-aligned terminology and approach
- Provides key project management tools including forms and checklists that you can use on the job and a comprehensive project management bibliography and reference resource
- Addresses critical soft skills such as interpersonal communication and conflict management as well as the hard skills of scheduling, estimating and project reporting
- Allows for flexible scheduling of multiple employees and team members while ensuring all participants take away a common language and methodology
- Gives a comprehensive, content-rich curriculum of material in just 12 hours and is comparable with what you would learn during a two-day instructor-led course
- Integrates with virtually all Learning Management Systems