About the Program
This learning solution delivers a practical approach to improve, develop and sustain effective and mutually beneficial relationships. Successful relationships portray trust and progress toward common goals. The objective of this course is to create awareness around how best to interact with others.
The focus is on the success factors for people working together. You will participate in a performance-focused setting designed to elicit maximum interaction among participants, while inviting and challenging everyone to see and act differently. You will explore concepts with fellow participants within a safe but intensive environment where skills and habits can be developed, sharpened and improved, and/or initiated. The complete program includes:
- A personal behavioral profile, the results of which you will bring to your training
- 2 day highly interactive workshop activity and experiential learning
- Peer and professional coaching activities initiated in class and continuing subsequently over the next four months
Learning will happen through individual and small group problem-solving exercises designed to leverage the synergy of the team.
Optional: You can take away an assessment of your default behaviors and a customized Personal Development Plan.
Traditional Classroom Option: To support the formation of new habits that improve one’s EI abilities, you are paired with a peer coach for 16 weekly follow-up coaching sessions. Also after the classroom sessions, 4 monthly group-coaching sessions are provided by IIL.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals responsible for sustained relationships with internal and/or external clients
- Anyone in key collaborative positions working with others
- Individual contributors and managers
- Developing skills leading to behavior change and more productive relationships
- Understanding the neuroscience behind our behavior and associated best practices
- Practicing a number of critical skills for managing relationships
- Developing a personal action plan and toolkit to continuously improve relationship management activities
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Interpret a profile of your own personal behavioral style as a backdrop for your current behaviors
- Understand the neuroscience behind human dynamics
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Develop agility in influencing others and keeping the interactions progressing forward
- Recognize the other person’s cultural style and bridge the differences
- Identify optimal communication to direct and reinforce working relationships
- Harness the power of positive emotions
- Make use of the EI model and associated competencies
- Employ strategies for enhancing leadership through emotional intelligence
- Lead others more positively through outstanding performance
- Course Structure
- Course goals and objectives
- What is EI?
- How does EI relate to outstanding leadership and managerial effectiveness?
- What are the specific EI competencies?
- A framework for developing EI competencies
- ABC’s of change
- Social Emotional Learning
- The Creative Brain
- Forming new habits
- Your EI Profile
Awareness and Sensitivity
- EI Model - Self-awareness, Self-regulation, Sensitivity to others
- EI Factors – Perceiving Emotions, Reasoning with Emotions, Understanding Emotions, Managing Emotions
- Motivation – What moves us
- The Varieties of Empathy
- World view model – Developing EI
Core Communication Skills for EI
- Communications model and enabling skills
Interpersonal and Team Leadership through EI
- Team Dynamics and Collaboration
- Functioning team model
Relationship Management and Social Skills
- The Social Brain
- Expectations & Perceptions
Recap & Closing
What did we learn, and how can we implement this in our work environments?