About the Program
Projects fail for a variety of reasons including poor planning, lack of defined quality criteria, poor understanding of the business drivers, inadequate control and lack of senior management involvement – in other words, lack of a structured best practice approach to project delivery.
PRINCE2 (2009 is the current version) is a structured, process-based approach for project management providing a methodology which can be easily tailored and scaled to suit all types of projects. It is the de facto standard for project management in the UK Government and is also used extensively in more than 150 countries worldwide with in excess of 20,000 organizations already benefitting from its powerful approach. It can be used easily in combination with PMI®’s PMBOK® Guide to provide a robust project methodology, or to augment an existing PMBOK®-based methodology with additional rigor around areas such as Quality, Organization and Benefits Realization.
The goals of this course are to take participants to the next level of understanding and application of the PRINCE2 methodology and to prepare them to sit the Practitioner exam. Using APMG provided sample exam papers and additional project case studies, participants will learn how to apply what they learned during the Foundation course and how to approach the OTE Practitioner exam, which is aimed at testing their ability to apply PRINCE2 in an actual project environment simulated via a case study provided as part of the exam.
About the Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hour open-book exam (PRINCE2 manual only – may be annotated)
- Objective Testing Exam (OTE) multiple-choice questions
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question – all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80 – pass mark is 44+ (55%)
- Passing the Practitioner exam results in a Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner status which is valid for 5 years from the date of the exam
- APMG requires presentation of a valid photo ID at the time of sitting the exam (e.g. Passport or photo Driving License)
- APMG requires evidence of the Foundation pass before the exam can be taken (e.g. Candidate number, name, date of exam)
Who Should Attend
This accredited course has been especially designed for participants who already have a PRINCE2 Foundation pass. It is suitable for anyone wishing to build on their achievement in the PRINCE2 Foundation exam. The course would be of benefit to project managers and also those with project assurance roles, team members, project board members who wish to be hands-on and team members aspiring to a more senior role.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Tailor and apply the principles, themes, process structure, techniques and management products of PRINCE2 within a work environment, via carefully selected case studies
- Define the PRINCE2 method at the Practitioner level
- Prepare for and take the Practitioner exam.
- Identifying the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes, techniques and management products and describe how they work together
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to best meet your project needs
- Applying the PRINCE2 approach at Practitioner level to enable you to sit the Practitioner exam
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Controlled Start, Controlled Progress and Controlled Close
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Review of and practice with the two APMG sample Practitioner exam papers
- Sample project case study scenarios to apply the concepts in practice and deepen the learning
*Important Note for Virtual Classroom Participants: The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is not available within the virtual classroom. As a result, participants must make separate arrangements to schedule their exam following course completion. Various options are available depending on the participant’s geographic location. Please contact your sales representative for further details.
PMI® and PMBOK® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
||PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The PRINCE2 Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.