About the Program
PRINCE2 Agile is a solution combining the flexibility and responsiveness of Agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2. PRINCE2 Agile framework covers a wide range of agile concepts, including SCRUM, Kanban, and Lean Startup.
The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management, whereas Agile has a very strong focus on product delivery. When PRINCE2 and agile are combined, project direction, project management, and project delivery are optimized to create a complete project management solution.
PRINCE2 Agile is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method. PRINCE2 Agile has been developed as a single-tier Practitioner qualification. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation.
- Agile methods allow organizations to realize the benefits of products and potentially an earlier return on investment while products are being developed and improved.
- Improved communication through the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
- Develop a clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, while PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole.
- Seamless integration: PRINCE2 Agile will complement PMBOK® and APM Body of Knowledge® just as PRINCE2 does currently. It will also be of interest for Program Managers with MSP® who need to understand how projects relate to the delivery mechanism.
- The most up-to-date and relevant view of Agile project management methodologies, PRINCE2 Agile references the “flow-based” working featured in Kanban in addition to other agile concepts not covered in other qualifications.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Administrators
- Project Coordinators
- Project Management Support Service Manager
What You Will Learn
- How to tailor the integrated set of PRINCE2 principles, themes, and processes
- How to produce the PRINCE2 management products
- How to map the common agile roles to the PRINCE2 project management team structure
- How to incorporate the fundamental agile behaviors, concepts, and techniques into PRINCE2
Introduction – Getting Started
Module 1 – Understanding the basic concepts of common agile ways of working
Module 2 – Understanding the purpose and context for combining PRINCE2 and the agile way of working
Module 3 – Being able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
Module 4 – Being able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context
Module 5 – Being able to tailor the PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes, and management products to a project in an agile context
Summary – What did we learn, and how can we implement this in our work environment?
- Objective testing
- 50 questions, each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open-book exam (official PRINCE2 Agile guide only)
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
||PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The PRINCE2 Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.