About the Program
ITIL Passport is accredited by the APM Group to support self-study distance learning for the ITIL Foundation exam. IIL's self-study products aim to provide you with a straightforward route to becoming a fully certificated professional in your own time and at your own pace. ITIL Passport is compatible with laptops, desktops, android tablets, iPads, and mobile devices.
Note: The ITIL Foundation exam fee is included in the course price.
Who Should Attend
What are the benefits?
- Individuals who require a fundamental understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to improve the quality of IT Service Management within an organization
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has incorporated or will be incorporating, the ITIL framework in order to provide better IT services
- All other staff involved in delivering IT services that use the ITIL methodology
- Provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace, and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of self-study options using innovative leading-edge eLearning developed by industry experts
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organizations
- People using IIL e-Learning products consistently achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- Achieving the Foundation Certificate using Passport will enable candidates to progress on to further levels with the ITIL qualifications framework
- Online learning gives you the freedom to access from any location.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of an internationally recognized, best practice framework, that if correctly adopted and adapted, will help the organization create a more structured value-add IT infrastructure, in order to better meet the demands of its customers’ business objectives
- Prepare and practice for the ITIL Foundation exam
- Follow a business idea from concept to production, and continue to improvement
Getting to grips with ITIL Terminology. What is IT Infrastructure Library? Why is ITIL so successful? ITIL Lifecycle Core. Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Service Management as a Practice
Definition of a Service. Concepts of Service Management. Need and Source for Best Practice. What is a Service? Types of Service. Who are the Stakeholders? Key Definitions. What are Processes? Functions and Roles. Key Roles. The RACI Matrix.
Purpose, Objectives and Scope. Creation of Value. Components of Value. How Customers Perceive
Value. Assets, Resources and Capabilities. Service Provider Types. Service Strategy Processes. Business Relationship Management. BRM vs. SLM. Service Portfolio. Service Portfolio Management. Risk Management. Financial Management. Business Case. Value to Business.
Purpose, Objectives and Scope. Five Aspects of Service Design. Service Design Package. Four Ps of Service Design. Service Design Processes. Design Coordination. Service Catalogue Management. Service Catalogue Views. Service Level Management. How Service Level Management Works. SLA Contents, Monitoring and Interactions.
Availability Management. Availability Management Explained. Capacity Management. IT Service Continuity Management. Information Security Management. Supplier Management. Value to Business.
Purpose, Objectives and Scope. Service Transition Processes. Transition Planning Support. Change Management. Change Management Process Flow and Interactions. Release and Deployment Management. Service Asset Configuration Management. Knowledge Management. Value to Business.
Purpose, Objectives and Scope. Communication. Service Operation—Functions and Processes. Service
Desk. Application and Technical Management. IT Operations Management. Event Management. Incident Management. Incident Management Procedure. Request Fulfilment. Access Management. Problem Management. Problem Management Procedure. Value to the Business.
Continual Service Improvement
Purpose, Objectives and Scope. Deming Cycle. CSI Approach. Measurement Metrics. CSF KPI. CSI Register. Seven Step Improvement. Governance. Value to Business.
Technology Considerations. Technology Benefits. Core Requirements. Tool Selection.
Competence and Training. Qualifications. Foundation Exam Overview. Foundation Exam Approaches. (Hints and tips on exam approach; style of questions) Full Foundation exam simulation with references to both the eLearning Module / Lesson and the ITIL Syllabus and interactive adaptive reasoning feedback.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.