Trainer, International Institute for Learning (IIL)
About the Course
In a world that conducts business across continents and geographical borders, more than ever it is essential for team and organizational leaders to not only understand but also embrace the diversity of cultures; this is intercultural competence.
Intercultural competence gives one the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with people from other cultures in a competitively complex world.
The participant in this program will gain cultural insights needed to build intercultural teams and navigate cultural diversities, without knowingly violating what are deemed to be acceptable or unacceptable cultural norms.
What You Will Learn
- Articulate on the meaning of culture and intercultural competence
- Express the importance of body language and appropriately demonstrate its emblems
- Describe three cultural models and consider their application in assimilating cultural behaviors
- Define emotional intelligence and explain how it is linked to cultural intelligence
- Examine the four cultural intelligence capabilities and give examples of how each is developed
- Develop a personal cultural profile and compare its dimensions to gain an appreciation for intercultural competence