The RCV course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. To implement new or changed services in a controlled and cost effective manner and then transition control to the operations groups, IT organizations must successfully implement ITIL RCV best practices. This course therefore covers in-depth the Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Transition Planning and Support, Service Validation and Testing and Service Evaluation processes, to the level needed to introduce or improve these capabilities within an organization as an integral part of the overall business-focused Service Management framework.
About the Program
This course is one of the Intermediate Level certification courses and is recommended for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL RCV capabilities and how they may be implemented to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organization. The main focus of this course is on the process activities and their interrelationships. This course has a number of study units with practical application to reinforce the knowledge gained.
Who Should Attend
It is important for you to attend if you are:
- An IT professional working in roles associated with Service Transition within a service-based business model
- Seeking the ITIL Expert level certification in ITSM for which these are prerequisite modules or
- Seeking to progress towards the ITIL Master standing in ITSM for which the ITIL Expert certification is a prerequisite.
The Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a practice
- Describe the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle
- Explain and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
RCV Key Principles, Models and Concepts
- Indentify the common Service Transition / Service Operation principles and guidelines that will influence the performance of the RCV processes
- Analyze and articulate the activities of the RCV processes. Other areas of discussion include information management requirements, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
- Change Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Service Validation & Testing
- Service Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
Service Management Technology
- Illustrate the use of technology in supporting Service Management and the RCV processes and explore concepts that have an impact on its planning and implementation
Note: The emphasis of this course is on the process activities, their measurement, the interrelationships and roles and responsibilities. In-depth discussion of the management/control activities occurs in the Service Transition and Service Operation Lifecycle courses.
ITIL RCV Exam* (90 minute, eight (8) complex, multi-part, multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions)
- Successful completion of this course and exam provides 4 points of the necessary 15 electives to achieve the ITIL Expert certification (2 points for Foundation and 5 points for Managing Across the Life Cycle are mandatory).
Note: The Lifecycle course, Service Transition, and the Capability course, Release, Control & Validation, have a significant amount of overlap of topics and therefore, in the interests of achieving the broadest possible education, it is NOT recommended that both feature in the selection of courses taken in order to acquire the points necessary for the award of ITIL Expert status – even though all points acquired will be credited.
*Important Note for Virtual Course Participants: The ITIL RCV exam is not available in a virtual format. As a result, separate arrangements must be made by the participant to schedule this exam. Various options are available depending on the participants’ geographic location. Please contact your sales representative for further details.
||ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
1 Course registrants must provide a scanned copy of their ITIL Foundation Certificate (or ITIL v2 Foundation plus ITIL Foundation Bridge Certificates) before they may attend the course. Certificates should be emailed to ITILIntermediate@iil.com. Providing just certificate numbers is not acceptable to the accrediting Examination Institute.