About the Program
APMP (IPMA Level D) is a knowledge-based qualification that allows candidates to demonstrate knowledge of all elements of project management. Candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how these elements interact and how their project fits into their strategic and commercial environment.
The course will cover the twenty-five syllabus areas defined by the APM and prepare you to sit the exam on the final day. In addition to the tutor-led sessions, you should also expect to complete some self-directed study in the evenings.
The APMP for PRINCE2 exam is a two-hour paper-based exam where candidates must answer six from ten questions covering all twenty-five syllabus topics.
Who Should Attend
APMP is aimed at those wishing to achieve a broad level of project management knowledge sufficient to participate in projects from individual assignments through to large capital projects.
Among those who can benefit from this course are:
- Project team members with some previous formal project management training (PRINCE2)
- Those who are following a career in project management
- General Managers responsible for projects and programmes
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Provide organisations with a proven project management methodology that can allow people to plan, organise and control the successful implementation of projects
- Achieve the APMP qualification – the UK’s leading project management qualification
- Provide practical skills and techniques to help further your career in project management
- Course structure
- Course goals and objective
PM in Context
- Project Management
- Programme Management
- Portfolio Management
- Project Context
- Project Office
Planning the Strategy
- Project Success & Benefits Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Health, Safety & Environmental Management
Executing the Strategy
- Scope Management
- Resource Management
- Budgeting & Cost Management
- Earned Value Management
- Information Management & Reporting
- Requirements Management
Business & Commercial
Organisational & Governance
- Project Life cycles
- Organisation structure
- Governance of Project Management
People and the Profession
- Conflict Management
Preparation & Exam
- Preparation & Practice questions
- APMP Exam
(The sequence of topics above may vary according to the needs of the group. All syllabus topics are shown above).
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.