About the Program
A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative; however, s/he may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. His/her individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
This course will further develop some of the knowledge of Change Management learned during the Foundation certification.
You will consider what learning is required and how best to design and deliver it. Then the course will provide an understanding of how Change Management fits into the project management environment.
A major challenge with change is making it stick. The course will show how to sustain change by understanding the levers for change, models of adoption, and reinforcing systems.
This course also prepares you for the APMG Change Management Practitioner exam. Given that a primary course goal is to achieve the Practitioner Certification, daily homework assignments and practice exams will be provided. The Practitioner-level exam is taken at the end of the second day of the Traditional Classroom course. Virtual Classroom participants must make separate arrangements to schedule their exam following course completion (See “Important Note for Virtual Course Participants”).
Who Should Attend
- Those who have successfully completed the Foundation exam and would like to achieve Change Management Practitioner Certification
- Anyone in a role that involves leading, managing, or supporting the change initiative, particularly for those working in organizations wherein a change initiative is being planned or taking place
- Developing individuals’ learning to enable change
- Managing change within the project environment
- Delivering sustainable change
- Preparing for the Practitioner exam
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand the key principles in defining what is to be learned by all involved in a change initiative
- Describe the project environment in which change is governed and delivered
- Understand the organizational “levers”, adoption approaches, and reinforcing systems typically used to sustain change
- Improve your ability to pass the APMG Change Management Practitioner Certification exam
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Learning and Change
- Defining and managing the required learning to enable change
The Project Management Environment
- Understanding the project environment
- Identifying key roles
- Developing a change delivery plan
- How levers enable the adoption of change
- Types of levers (Environmental levers, Leadership levers, and Organizational Development levers)
- Models of adoption and reinforcing systems
APMG Change Management Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Review of and practice with APMG sample questions and test papers
APMG Change Management Practitioner Exam
Traditional Classroom: The exam is taken and submitted to APMG for marking
Virtual Classroom: The exam is scheduled by the delegate and taken subsequent to the course
Summary and Next Steps
About the Change Management Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hour open-book exam (using only The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook and the APMG Candidate’s Guide to the Effective Change Manager’s Handbook)
- Objective Testing Exam (OTE) multiple-choice questions
- 4 questions per paper (Change and the Individual, Change and the Organization, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement and Change Management Practice), sub-divided into a number of parts, each being worth 20 marks available per question – all question items are worth 1 mark, with the total number of 80 marks possible per paper
- Pass mark is a total of 40 or more out of a possible 80 (50%)
- Papers are returned to the APMG for marking
*Important Note for Virtual and On-Demand Course Participants: The Change Management Practitioner exam is not available within the virtual classroom. As a result, participants must make separate arrangements to schedule their exam following course completion. Various options are available depending on the participant’s geographic location. Please contact your sales representative for further details.
APMG-International Change Management is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The APMG-International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.