About the Program
Projects fail for a variety of reasons including poor planning, lack of defined quality criteria, poor understanding of the business drivers, inadequate control, and lack of senior management involvement – in other words, lack of a structured best practice approach to project delivery.
PRINCE2 (2009 is the current version) is a structured, process-based approach to project management providing a methodology which can be easily tailored and scaled to suit all types of projects. It is the de facto standard for project management in the UK Government and is also used extensively in more than 150 countries worldwide with in excess of 20,000 organizations already benefiting from its powerful approach. It can be used easily in combination with PMI®’s PMBOK® Guide to provide a robust project management methodology, or to augment an existing PMBOK®-based methodology with additional rigor around areas such as Quality, Organization and Benefits Realization.
The goals of this course are to provide participants with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2 and its benefits and to prepare them to sit the Foundation exam.
About the Foundation Exam
- 1 hour closed-book exam
- 75 multiple-choice style questions
- 5 questions are for trial purposes and will not be counted in the score
- 35 marks or more are required (out of 70 available) to pass the exam – 50% pass mark
- APMG requires presentation of a valid photo ID at the time of sitting the exam (e.g. Passport or photo Driving License)
Who Should Attend
This accredited course is suitable for any organization or individual requiring a controlled and completely scalable approach to managing projects. It is particularly suited to individuals newly appointed to project roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after previous project management experience. The course would be of benefit to project managers and also those with project support office or project assurance roles, project board members who wish to be hands-on and team members aspiring to a more senior role.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management
- Define the PRINCE2 method in depth, including the principles, themes and processes
- Prepare and practice for the Foundation exam
- Identifying the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes, techniques and management products and how they work together
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to best meet your project needs
- Preparing to sit the Foundation exam
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
Overview of PRINCE2
- Structure (Principles, Themes, Processes and Tailoring) & Benefits of PRINCE2
- The Key Management Products
- Overview of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Business Case
- The PRINCE2 process model mapped to the four levels of management
- The PRINCE2 process model – Starting up a Project (SU), Initiating a Project (IP), Directing a Project (DP), Controlling a Stage (CS), Managing Product Delivery (MP), Managing a Stage Boundary (SB), Closing a Project (CP)
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Preparation
- Review of and practice with the two APMG sample Foundation exam papers
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
Traditional Classroom: The exam is taken and marked (provisionally) within the course
Virtual Classroom: The exam is scheduled by the delegate and taken subsequent to the course
Important Note for Virtual Classroom Participants: The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is not available within the virtual classroom. As a result, participants must make separate arrangements to schedule their exam following course completion. Various options are available depending on the participant’s geographic location. Please contact your sales representative for further details.
PMI® and PMBOK® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
||PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The PRINCE2 Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.